Aha! gives you the ability to set sophisticated user permissions and read/write privileges by product or product line and at the account level.
Primary user roles
A user's access is granted per product or product line. The primary user roles are listed below in order of lowest permission to highest (with the product owner role containing all of the permissions listed to that point).
- None — No access to the specified product, but can have access to other products in Aha!
- Viewer — Can view records, create reports, create and respond to to-dos, and be added as watchers to all records.
- Reviewer — Can comment throughout. Can create and edit their own ideas from within Aha!
- Contributor — Can add and manage strategy, notes, releases, and features. Can create and manage Notebooks.
- Product Owner — Can create new products, manage users within their product(s), create integrations, and customize product settings.
Special user roles
Administrator access gives users the ability to edit various account-level settings. It is a secondary user role in that a user can have administrator access to the account while having any level of access (including "None") to the products and product lines within the account.
There are three different administrator access levels:
- Account — Allows the user to manage account settings such as single sign-on and the account profile.
- Billing — Allows the user to manage account-level billing and user permissions.
- Customization — Allows the user to manage account-level customizations such as idea portals and scorecards.
Products and product lines
If you have product hierarchy set up in Aha! with at least one product line and a child product, then the following also applies:
A user who has permission for a product automatically gets viewer permission for the product lines that this product is nested under. This allows the user to see the hierarchy and the strategy for the product line.
Note that the user cannot see other products (even the product names) under the product line unless they have explicit permission for it.
A user with explicit permission at the product-line level will have that permission for all child products. The only exception is if they are given more permission for a specific product. (They cannot be given less permission for a product in that line.)
Users with no permissions
If an Aha! user attempts to view a product to which they have "None" permissions, they will be presented with a notification screen which provides an email address of a local account administrator they can contact to adjust their product permissions.
Bulk edit user permissions
To bulk edit user permissions, go to Settings > Account > Users. Select the checkbox next to any name. The bulk edit button will appear at the top of the user list.
Export user information to .csv file
Account admins can export a complete list of users to a .csv file for better visibility and monitoring of the Aha! user community. Go to Settings > Account > Users where you'll find the Export Users button.
Exported values include first name, last name, email, last active, seat in use, whether they have admin rights, the date the user was added to the account, the email address of the person that added the user, and user roles by product line and product.
Aha! billing plans
There are three billing plans: Premium, Enterprise, and Enterprise+.
In the Premium plan, you pay for every user no matter their role. In the Enterprise and Enterprise+ plans, you pay only for Product Owners and Contributors. You may add unlimited Reviewers, Viewers, and users with no permissions. Usually, users with only "None" access are added to administer the account.
Sign up or upgrade your plan under Settings > Account > Billing.