Aha! gives you the ability to set sophisticated user permissions and read/write privileges by product. This allows you to specify which products a given user has access to, as well as the levels of access they have per product.
For any product, there are up to five different roles that you can assign to a user. A single user can have different user roles for different products, and multiple users can have the same role for the same product. Note that this permission system allows you to handle a single product with a few users or a large portfolio of products with many diverse team members and teams.
Primary user roles
The primary user roles are as follows, and each role assumes the privileges of the roles below it. A user's access is granted per product or product line:
- Product owner - can create new products, manage users within their product(s), create integrations, and customize product settings.
- Contributor- can add and manage strategy, notes, releases, and features. Can create and manage Notebooks.
- Reviewer - can comment throughout and both create and respond to to-dos. Can also create ideas from within Aha! and be added as watchers to all records.
- Viewer - can view records, create reports, create and respond to to-dos, and be added as watchers to all records.
- None - no access to a specified product (but can have access to other products in Aha!)
Special user roles
Administrator - Administrator access gives users the ability to edit various account level settings. It is a secondary user role in that a user can have administrator access to the account while having "none" access to the products and product lines within the account. There are three different administrator access levels:
- Account - Allows the user to manage account settings such as single sign on and the account profile.
- Billing - Allows the user to manage account level billing and user permissions.
- Customization - Allows the user to manage account level customizations such as idea portals and scorecards.
If you have product hierarchy set up in Aha! with at least one product line and a child product, then the following also applies:
A user who has permission for a product automatically gets viewer permission for any product lines that this product is nested under (but not any other products under the same product line). This is so that the user can see the product line hierarchy and strategy for their product line. They should not be able to see any other products (even the product name) under the product line if they don't have explicit permission for it.
Conversely, a user who is explicitly given permission at the product line level will have that permission for all child products. The only exception is if they are given more permission for a specific product.
User with no permissions
In the situation where a user logs into Aha! but does not have permission to view any products they will be presented with a screen that notifies them and provides an email address of a local account administrator they can contact to adjust their product permissions.
Export user information to csv
Account admins can export a complete list of users to a .csv file for better visibility and monitoring of the Aha! user community. This utility is accessed through Settings -> Account -> Users where you'll find the "Export Users" button. Exported values include first name, last name, email, last active, seat in use, whether they have admin rights, the date the user was added to the account, the email address of the person that added the user, and user roles by product line and product.
Aha! billing plans
There are three billing plans, Premium, Enterprise and Enterprise+. The key difference is that in the Premium plan, you pay for every user no matter their role. In the Enterprise and Enterprise+ plans, you pay only for Product Owners and Contributors. You may add unlimited Reviewers, Viewers, and None. Usually, users with only "None" access are added to administer the account.
Sign up or upgrade your plan under Settings -> Account -> Billing.