The portfolio roadmap shows planned work across an entire portfolio. With the portfolio roadmap, you can visualize the timing of your releases and see how those releases drive the success of your key strategic initiatives across your Aha! workspaces and parent lines.
Note: Depending on your workspace type, this article may refer to Aha! record types differently than your team does.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
Create your roadmap
Note: The portfolio roadmap hidden by default for new Aha! accounts. If you would like to enable it, you can do so by customizing your menu navigation.
Navigate to Roadmaps > Portfolio to create a portfolio roadmap. It will automatically populate with information for the workspace or parent line you are currently working in. Look at the workspace hierarchy dropdown in the lefthand side of your navigation bar if you need a reminder.
Use the Hierarchy filter at the top of your portfolio roadmap to add in other workspaces and parent lines. You can also click the arrow next to any parent line to:
- Select all parent lines and workspaces that are children of the current parent line,
- Select your current parent line's immediate children only, or
- Clear your selection.
- Check the box to automatically update your filter to include all parent lines and workspaces that are children of the current parent line, and to automatically include any added in the future.
Once you have made your selections, click out of the Hierarchy dropdown and click the Update roadmap button.
This will present a view of your releases for the workspaces you have selected. If you have releases that are associated with a strategic initiative, they will be placed into swimlanes based on their release association. If you have not created any initiatives, the releases will be organized in a single swimlane called Releases.
If you are visualizing parent lines, they will appear in their own swimlane. At the parent line level, you will see various colored circles across the roadmap. These circles represent releases in the child workspaces of the parent line.
If you have set strategic initiatives for your workspace and they roll up to line-level initiatives, the circles will be organized to show how the releases at the workspace level are impacting the line-level initiatives.
Customize your roadmap
Start dates for releases on the portfolio roadmap are represented as the first phase or milestone date, which can be set on the Release details drawer — click on a release to add phases and milestones. As you manipulate a release, the dates will shift on the portfolio roadmap.
The Settings dropdown in the top-left corner includes several customization options.
Use the Release dates radio buttons to show internal or external release dates. You can configure the dates themselves on the Release details page.
Use the Color bars by radio buttons to color the roadmap bars by Workspace or record Status.
- If you choose Workspace, the roadmap will display releases with the color that has been defined in the Workspace > Overview page.
- If you choose Status, the bar color will be based on the status colors defined for your workspace in Settings ⚙️> Account > Configure statuses and workflows.
Check the Show progress checkbox to visualize the progress of a release as depicted by the release bars shaded with a solid color. The progress is based on the number of completed features in the release out of the total number scheduled for the release.
Lastly, you can change the resolution of the roadmap by clicking the calendar icon on the top-left corner. You can also use the gray timeline control bar along the top to scroll left and right in addition to zooming in and out.
Share your roadmap
With your portfolio roadmap completed, you can easily share it with your stakeholders by selecting one of the export options under the More options button on the top right of the screen.
- To fold your roadmap into a presentation, select Add to presentation. In your presentation you can select the roadmap's update frequency.
- To invite people outside of your Aha! account to view your roadmap, select Share as webpage.
- For a static version of your roadmap, select Save as image or Save as PDF.