You can use a submit-only ideas portals as a public channel to collect new ideas for your product and still maintain privacy around the pool of existing ideas. Anyone who knows the URL can submit new ideas, but they cannot view ideas that have been submitted by others. Only Aha! users can see the ideas.
Things to consider
When managing a submit-only portal, here are a few things to consider:
- Submit-only portals may require more time to manage because users can submit duplicate ideas and Aha! does not filter those out. This typically requires merging as ideas are triaged, which could take more time.
- Users also cannot vote on ideas, which may make it difficult to prioritize or know which ideas are most important to them.
When to use submit-only ideas portals
Many find a submit-only portal to be the best solution when they want:
- To collect bug reports for triage.
- To collect private feedback on a new beta product.
- To embed a feedback form in their application.
- Submissions to remain private to the original submitter.
To learn how to create a submit-only ideas portal, see Ideas overview.