Flowdock is a team collaboration app for desktop, mobile & web. You can automatically send product activity in Aha! to Flowdock through this integration.
Configure the integration under Settings -> Account -> Integrations. You can choose to create one or many integrations at the account or product level. If you create it at the account level it will allow you to send the activity stream for every product.
You need to be an admin in your Aha! account to create an integration at the account level and only a product owner to create one at the product level.
WARNING Sending activity out of Aha! and into Flowdock bypasses the security controls in Aha!. Anyone who has access to your Flowdock flow will be able to see the activity, regardless of whether they have access to that information in Aha!
Configure a flow in Flowdock
- In Flowdock, open your Account.
- On API tokens, pick the flow you want integrate with from the drop down list under Flow API tokens.
- Copy the Flow API token value.
Create the integration in Aha!
- Enter the token from step 2 above into the Flow API token field.
- Click the Test connection button. After a short delay you should see a message appear in your Flowdock flow in the room you selected.
- Select the activities that will be sent to your Flowdock channel. (Recommended)
- Select the Aha! users for which activity will be picked up and sent to Flowdock. (Default is everyone)
- Enable the integration.
- Consider renaming this integration with your Flowdock channel name for easy future reference. Perhaps something like: "Flowdock: #customers." You can do this by clicking the Flowdock text in the heading of the page.
Note: All activity waits 5 minutes before posting to Flowdock. This is to keep communication concise and avoid excessive messaging when a user is performing multiple edits at once.
To help you troubleshoot an error, we provide the detailed integration logs below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further help.