Once you have integrated with your development system, you can import records directly into Aha! from there. To do this, you need to have owner user permissions in the workspace you want to import data into, and you need to have an integration configured within that workspace.
Importing this way is currently available for:
- Jira 1.0 integrations
- Jira 2.0 integrations
- Rally 2.0 integrations
- Azure DevOps Services and Azure DevOps Server 2.0 integrations
- GitHub and GitHub Enterprise 2.0 integrations
- Trello 2.0 integrations
Once imported, the link between your imported records in Aha! and your development system is live, and goes both ways. That means any changes made in Aha! or in your development system will start reflecting back and forth.
Navigate to Settings > Product > Import from development tool or Settings > Workspace > Import from development tool.
- First, select the integration you wish to use for your import. Your import will bring in all fields mapped to flow from your development system to Aha!, mirroring your selected integration's configuration.
Note: If you choose a Jira integration that is running integrations 1.0 you will be prompted with a message and taken into the original 1.0 Jira import workflow.
- Next, select which types of records you want to import. The type of records you can import depends on the integration you select, but generally you will be importing records from your development tool as Aha! features, requirements, and releases.
After selecting the record types you wish to import, you can add filters to the record type being imported.
- Finally, you will see a list of the records you are about to import. Click Import records to import them.
Items to note
- Depending on your integration configuration, it can be difficult to import active releases and schedules without also importing all releases (or schedules). To avoid importing unwanted data, import features and activities instead of releases and schedules. The releases and schedules associated with the features and activities you import will be imported as well.
- If you do import the wrong records by mistake, don't worry! You can bulk delete any unwanted records using a list report.
- As records are imported into Aha!, Aha! may make changes to records in your development system:
- For any fields configured to send one-way from Aha!, the import will update the field in the development system to match Aha! and create consistency. For example, this is useful when a hyperlink to the Aha! record is stored in a custom field in the development system — the hyperlink will be populated during import.
- For the Github integration, a link to the Aha! record will be added to the end of the body of each issue.
- If you are testing the import tool for the first time, you may want to manually approve all incoming changes. To approve changes, navigate to Settings > Product > Integrations or Settings > Workspace > Integrations, then choose an integration, click to the Enable tab. Set the Automatic import setting to Approve new records before importing. Once this has been set, records will not be imported until they are approved. An orange dot will appear on the Settings icon in the top of your screen when new records are ready for your approval.
- In addition to importing from your development tool you can also import data into Aha! by CSV file.