You can import records directly into Aha! from your development system. To do this, you need to be a product owner in Aha! for the product you wish to import to and you need to have an integration configured within that product.
The import functionality is available for all 2.0 integrations. The list will expand as more integrations are updated to the 2.0 integration engine. This currently includes:
- GitHub and GitHub Enterprise
- Azure DevOps Server and Azure DevOps Services
The import functionality allows Aha! users to import records from their development system into Aha! based on the record mappings configured for each integration. Once imported, the integration for those records is live. That means any changes made in Aha! or in your development system will start reflecting back and forth.
How it works
Navigate to Settings > Product > Import from development tool. You will be launched into an import workflow that walks you through the three steps of performing an import.
1. First, select which integration you wish to use for your import. The import utilizes the configurations from your integration, so in order to import you must first fully configure at least one integration for the system you are looking to import from.
The records mapped in your integration configuration define which records are able to be imported from your development system. The fields mapped define which fields will be imported from your development system. With the field mapping, it is specifically the fields that are mapped with directionality supporting coming from your development system. This means either full two way syncing, one way (development system to Aha!) or one way one time (development system to Aha!). Any field that is configured as one way, Aha! to development system, will not be imported.
Note: If you chose a Jira integration that is running integrations 1.0 you will be prompted with a message and taken into the original 1.0 Jira import workflow.
2. Next, you will be prompted to select which types of records you want to import. This list will present options based on the record mappings defined on the integration selected previously in step 1. After selecting the record types you wish to import, you will also be allowed to add filters to the record type being imported.
3. On the final step, you will be prompted with a list of the various records that will be imported. Click Import records to finalize the import.
Updates during the import
As records are imported into Aha!, Aha! may make changes to records in the development system:
- Any fields which are configured for one way mapping, from Aha! to the development system, will be updated in the development system so that after the import the link between Aha! and the development system record is consistent. This is particularly useful when a hyperlink to the Aha! record is stored in a custom field on the development system record - the hyperlink will be populated during import.
- For the Github integration a link to the Aha! record will be added to the end of the body of each issue.