Integrating Aha! with development systems allows teams to do all of their planning in Aha! and then send planned work to their preferred development system.
To send a new record from Aha! to your integrated system:
- Open a feature card and navigate to the Integrations section.
- Click Send in the Integrations section.
- Select an integration from the dropdown list.
After you have sent the record from the Aha! side, the record is linked and updates will flow back and forth between Aha! and your development system.
For each integration you set up, you have two methods to configure how updates flow.
- Approve outgoing changes: Changes will not be sent until they are approved. An orange dot displays on the Settings menu when changes are ready for approval.
- Automatically send outgoing changes: This is the default option. Changes in Aha! will be sent immediately to your development system and do not need any additional action. New records created in your development system still need to be approved before they are imported to Aha! Note that there is a five-minute delay in sending updates to description fields so that all changes are sent together.
Changes made in your development system to integrated records automatically come back into Aha! without the need to accept the changes. This prevents conflicts if a record is edited in both systems at the same time.
Sending changes to your development system
If the Approve outgoing changes option is selected, all of the changes you make to integrated records in Aha! display in the Integration updates window. To access this window, select Settings > Integration updates. When updates occur, an orange dot displays on the navigation bar, letting you know that you have pending updates.
When you open the Integration updates window, you will see the list of all pending updates filtered to your own changes.
- Click on any record to view details of the changes.
- Select a checkbox to accept and send to your development system.
Accepting imports from your development system
New records created in your development system are handled a bit differently. Using relationship links, records created in your development system can potentially be automatically imported into Aha! Refer to "Configure relationship links to allow automatic imports from your development system (integrations 2.0)" to learn more about relationship links.
If you add a record to your development system following the rules defined in the article mentioned above, the record displays in the Integration updates window as an import option. You have the ability to review what the record is prior to importing it.
- When the import occurs, Aha! always imports the most up-to-date copy of the record — so there is no need to worry about missing changes that might occur while you are reviewing.
- For records that could import to multiple integrations, you can select which integration to import to.
- A single item displays for child records of already synced parents.