The Aha! Desk.com integration allows the support team to funnel ideas directly into your Aha! ideas portal. Customer support teams can create ideas from Desk.com cases to quickly capture and relay feedback to the product team. When a new idea is created, the idea name and description are pre-populated with the Desk.com case details for easy editing and quick submission.
In addition to new ideas, if a customer asked for something that has already been requested, the support team can search for and link that case to the idea in Aha! without ever leaving Desk.com. When linked, the idea is added to the case details in Desk.com.
To configure this integration you will need to be an admin in Aha! as well as a Desk.com Administrator. You will also need to have an idea portal already created in Aha! to use with the integration.
To get started, go to Settings > Account select Integrations and add the Desk.com integration. It is important to note that this is under Account Settings, not Product Settings. You will need Aha! Admin access to see Account Settings.
With the integration added to your account you will need to perform the following steps in Aha!:
1. Choose the ideas portal you will use for the integration.
2. Select Create ideas using customer name if you want ideas to be created using the case submitter.
3. Enter your Desk.com URL.
4. Click Authenticate and enter your Desk.com login credentials (the user must be an Administrator in Desk.com).
5. Click Add Integration URL.
6. This will create an Integration URL within Desk.com for the Aha! integration
Next, you will need to log into Desk.com to finalize the configuration and go to Admin > Cases > Integration URL. Open the Aha! Integration URL and copy the shared key.
Back in Aha!, paste the shared key into the Shared key field in the integration setup and enable the integration
Lastly, add the integration into the Desk.com case layout
From the Desk.com Admin dashboard:
1. Navigate to Cases, then in the left sidebar click Cases > Next Gen Case Layouts.
2. Click Add Case Layout.
3. Expand the Integrations panel and drag the Aha! Integration (canvas) into the desired position on the layout.
4. Click to edit the Aha! Integration (canvas) section and change the height to 500.
5. Add the layout and make it the default.
6. Test the integration by opening a case and adding an idea to Aha! though the integration.