Aha! notes provide a valuable and flexible capability to capture and store information about your workspace. Common use cases for notes include:
- Product artifacts and reference information
- Day-to-day meeting minutes
- Portfolio and business line charters
- Training curriculum for new team members
- Team standards, policies, and process notes
Notes in Aha! are searchable using the search bar located in the upper-right corner of the notes section.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- Enable the notes page
- Create a blank note
- Create a note from a template
- Change the order of your notes
- Create a parent-child hierarchy
- Move notes to another workspace
- Reference notes across Aha!
- Link notes to other records across Aha!
- View note history
- Share and export your notes
Enable the notes page
You can access the notes for your workspace by navigating to Info > Notes. If you do not see that option, you may need to enable it by customizing your menu navigation. If you are an owner or administrator for your workspace, you can navigate to Settings ⚙️> Workspace > Navigation or by clicking the pencil icon you see in your navigation bar when you mouse over it.
From the Navigation page, check the box by Notes and click Update to enable notes for your workspace.
Create a blank note
- Navigate to Info > Notes and click Add note > Blank or use the appropriate keyboard shortcut.
- A blank note will appear.
Create a note from a template
- Navigate to Info > Notes and click Add note > From a template or use the appropriate keyboard shortcut.
- The Add template modal will appear. Select the template of your choice.
- Click Add template. Your template will appear.
You can select one of the following prebuilt note templates:
- Meeting agenda
- Meeting notes
- Brainstorming session
- Customer interview
- Sprint retrospective
- Process improvement
Change the order of your notes
If you want to change the order of notes within a product, click the Reorder notes button at the top of the note tree structure, then click and drag to reorder your notes.
When you have finished, click Done to save your changes.
Create a parent-child hierarchy
- To create a notes hierarchy, create at least two notes.
- Click the Reorder notes button.
- Drag the note you want to make a child note under the note you want to make the parent note, then drag the child note to the right to create a nested parent-child relationship.
- Click Done to save your changes.
- If you select a parent note and click Add note, the note you create will be a child of that parent note.
- If you reorder a parent note, all child notes will come with it.
Move notes to another workspace
Sometimes notes are created under one workspace but then you want to move them to another workspace. You can use the More options button on notes to move them. If you move the note at the top of a hierarchy tree, all child notes move as well.
Reference notes across Aha!
You can use #mentions in any text field in Aha! to create a link to a note. On the record you want to link to the note, type the # key and then start typing the note's title. Select your note from the available options.
Link notes to other records across Aha!
Workspace notes can be added as related records to other data objects. To add a related record to a note, click on the More options button in the upper-right of the note and select Link to another record. Once linked, a new Record links section will display at the bottom of the note. This will reference the related data records, allowing you to quickly visualize the relationships.
View note history
Every note created automatically tracks the history of edits that have taken place. You can revert back to previous versions of a note by clicking the History icon in the text editor and then moving the slider to the time frame you want to revert to.
Share and export your notes
With your note completed, you can easily share it with your stakeholders by selecting one of the export options under the More options button on the top right of the screen.
- To add your note to a presentation, select Add to presentation. In your presentation you can select the note's update frequency.
- For a static version of your report, select Save as image or Save as PDF.