Notes provide a valuable and flexible capability to capture detail history of your product. Just a few examples of common use cases for product notes are:
- Central artifact reference
- Day-to-day meeting minutes related to your product
- Portfolio, business unit, and product line charters
- Ramp-up and training notes for new product team members
- Standards and process reference for how Aha! is used for that product
Notes in Aha! are fully searchable, enabling quick access to everything in your product.
- Navigate to Product > Notes and click Add note.
- Within the text editor, you can use formatting such as headings, lists, tables, and inline images.
Change order of notes
If you want to change the order of notes within a product, simply click the Reorder notes icon at the top of the note tree structure. After a change has been made, the button title will change to Done. When you have finished making changes, clicking Done will save your new order.
Create parent-child hierarchy
- To create a hierarchy, create at least two notes, then drag one note just below the parent note while in Reorder notes mode and move it slightly to the right to create the nested parent-child relationship.
- From that point on, you may select the parent note and click Add note. Continue until all desired sub-notes are created.
- Notes can be reorganized through drag and drop. Save your changes by clicking the Done button.
- If sub-notes are referenced in other areas of Aha! via a link, selecting the link will open up the hierarchy so that the linked note is easily visible.
Move notes to another product
Notes can easily be moved from one product to another after you create them. Click the More options button and select Move note. Select where you would like to move the note by clicking the Choose product dropdown and then Move. If you move the note at the top of a hierarchy tree, all child notes move as well.
Reference notes across Aha!
You can use #mentions in any text field in Aha! to create a link to a note. Do this by typing # in any text field. A list of records will populate. Begin typing the name of the note you wish to link and select it when it appears in the list.
This is especially useful if your notes contain design specs for a feature being developed. You can #mention the note and create a link right in the feature description.
Relate notes to other records across Aha!
Product notes can be added as related records to other data objects. To add a related record to a note, click on the More options button in the upper right of the note and select Link to another record. Once linked, a new Record links section will display at the bottom of the note referencing the related data records. This allows you to quickly visualize the relationships.
View note history
Notes automatically track the history of edits that have taken place. You can revert back to previous versions of a note by clicking the History icon in the text editor and then moving the slider to the time frame you want to revert to.